Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A long day of nothing

Today feels like such a long day of doing nothing. It takes me an hour to get to my doctor and it took an extra half hour to be able to see her because she was on call the night before and a patient went into labor. Maybe it is from growing up in Arlington but I just don't mind waiting. All those years of traffic and overcrowded stores have made me be at peace with waiting. So I just sat patiently in the waiting room enjoying the quiet working on a sudoku. I was amazed when an elderly woman came in complaining that she came with plenty of time to see her doctor and had to wait 10 WHOLE MINUTES! She was flipping out on the poor nurse whose job was just to escort her to her waiting room. Apparently she didn't notice that everyone was waiting not just her. I will never understand some people's sense of entitlement.

My appointment lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was back on the road. All is well with the baby and me as usual. I won't get to see him on an ultrasound for another 2 weeks so no clue about the hydrocephalus but I have noticed all the same movement and hiccups so I dont feel any change. My doctor realized that she scheduled her vacation to start the day that my C-section had been scheduled for (she is a bit of a scatterbrain sometimes). So now thank goodness, she will be coming in to do my operation and then leaving for her vacation because "she really wants to do this section". Which helped me greatly in my confidence in her and my choice to stay in Roanoke for all the operations. If she had sent me to someone else I probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

I finally got out of there and went over to the mall. I made the mistake of going into Motherhood. I have a little bit of a shopping problem. As long as I stay out of the stores I am okay but once I go in and see stuff I like at good prices? Im lost. It was an entire store of clothing that was comfortable even in my enormous state. I ended up buying two extremely comfy dresses and two comfy t-shirts. I was going to buy yoga pants but I held off because Im done in 4 weeks and the dresses and stuff I have already will be plenty. And then the nice lady at the register was nicely surprised at how far along I was (yes I am well aware she may of been faking) but she told me I looked amazing for how far along I was. I guess most 35 week pregnant ladies are an absolute mess? Who knows. Jarrod doesn't let me indulge myself too much. And actually I love him for it. With the wrong guy I would be bedridden eating dumplings and raspberry sorbet while watching cable all day. Jarrod makes me eat better and at least try to work out. Trust me I need it.

On the way home from the mall I ran out of gas so I stopped by a gas station on my route that I have never been to. I will never go back there again! The trash cans were stuffed to the brim. I put the gas pump on auto and the shutoff didn't work. I was watching it wondering why it hadn't finished yet when the pump started making weird noises. I went to take it out and my legs were splashed with gasoline and my car. I went to get the windshield cleaning brush to wash off my car and there wasn't one. All I had to clean myself and my car were paper towels. And I ended up paying for a quarter gallon that just ended up on the ground. I was pissed but being my usual passive self I just stormed into my car and drove off so I could get a shower. But obviously to make myself feel better I had to go get a blizzard from DQ. :)

When I came home I took a nap until it was time to help Jarrod get ready for work. I hate when he has night shifts, it makes me feel so lonely. I don't want to do any work around the house, I don't want to feed myself, I just mope around and feel sorry for myself. This time wasn't very different. I tried to go to walmart to get my prescription for my poison ivy (yes it does make being pregnant more annoying when your entire massive body is covered with an itchy rash). Of course I didn't have a prescription card so no I couldn't get my prescription. I wanted to scream but instead stocked up on icecream, fruit snacks, cereal, and tortellinis. All things I have been craving. :)

No comments: