My dogs killed another deer (they killed one last year around this time when they were only six months old). Lucky me this time I got to watch the entire thing because it was in the backyard. As usual I opened the door to let Hans and Heidi out. I noticed Hans sprint out the back door and Heidi follow close behind leaping of the steps. So I looked out to see what could have gotten them in such a tizzy and there's two does in the backyard. I continued to watch because I was worried that one would lure Hans out of the yard and that I would have to go chase him down. Instead as the deer were fleeing, Hans close behind, I see one take a huge leap and the other run smack dab into our little fenced in area. It didn't have a chance. Hans kinda nipped at it but Heidi went straight for the throat. I was in shock, it was like watching the cheetahs take down a gazelle on Big Cat Diary. Except it was my backyard and my dogs.
I weakly called Jarrod. He threw his boots on and ran out to get them off their fresh kill. Luckily as older and wiser dogs Jarrod was able to get them off the thing quickly, but not in time to save it. So then we had to call the Sheriff's office to report our little murderers and then hang the thing in a tree since Jarrod had to get to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment