Friday, March 26, 2010
Would you like a cookie?
Today was a pretty crazy day. Really it started last night at 1030pm saying hey dont come in in the morning your working tomm night and the whole weekend of night shifts. We finally have a weekend to work together on the house and Jarrod has to work night. It is so frustrating. Not to mention that poor Jarrod is now going to end up working at least 12 hour days 8 days in a row! So to celebrate our misfortune we went down to Roanoke, went to hhgregg and spent a ton of money, had some tex-mex and went home. We bought a new 50" tv (so didn't need) and a 5.0 c-ft freezer (which we kinda need). HHgregg was fantastic! The store was clean, the customer service wonderful, everything was so new and shiny, it was easy to get carried away (hence the 50" tv). NOw we are going to need to sell the ol 37" sony we have which is only like a year old and was a great deal itself but just not big enough since we use this tv for a computer screen. I feel a little bit like we went over board and I was thinking as I made my husband a treat to make up for giving him bad new while on his crappy night shift(overdraft on a checking ridiculous!) is there any way I reward myself other than food and stuff? What else can you reward yourself with? How can I find that? I wish I liked running or kayaking or hiking in a way that I could feel like I did great today I deserve a half hour run. There are just so few things that I can give myself that doesn't cost something. Also why do I need a reward in the first place? Is it just our culture that if bad things happen to you, you feel like you deserve something to make up for it? Even though I can't find a job and my son has a disability there are millions of people who have it worse than me. I wish I could get rid of that sense of entitlement. But I am lost on what to replace it with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment