Over the weekend I was a bit of a complete mess. Friday night Laura and I drove down to Blacksburg to see Jarrod. We had a lovely dinner of spaghetti and sausage then curled into bed kinda early because we had a long day of canoeing the next day.
My lovely boyfriend bought me red crocklike shoes from Walmart to match my red bathing suit. I looked like an overgrown 5 year old it was awesome. We all hopped in canoes, Josh with Ryan (jarrod's friends), Doug with Laura, Jarrod with me (of course), and then Doug's friends in the canoe and kyack they came with. Jarrod really ended up with the worst rowing partner because 1. I am completely unaware of my surroundings, 2. I get easily distracted by things like butterflies pretty birds and well Jarrod, 3. I am a terrible rower who is out of shape, and 4. I am a complete spaz. We had a good time for a while, jumping out to swim at calm portions of the river, drinking beers, and guiding our canoes through rapids. We played with flippers and hand paddles. Jarrod used a kayak paddle so we were the fastest when we actually tried to row.
It all kinda started to go downhill when a daddy long legs that had been hiding in the nose of our canoe decided to come out and play. i am a complete bugaphobe completely ridiculous. So of course instead of paying attention to the rapids I am standing in the canoe, yelling and trying to kill a harmless daddy long legs with my paddle. I am a moron. Luckily Jarrod did a stellar job steering the boat with a raging idiot flailing all around in the front but he was definitely not happy with me.
By around 2 or 3 we met up with more of Jarrod's friends. I tried to reapply the sunscreen but i was so wet that I more ended up with a white bathing suit. Jarrod continued to drink scotch, beer for me. Even though I had been awake since 730am and all I had to eat that day was a power bar. Brilliant! We come to a rapids part of the James and Jarrod desides to follow through on his promise to throw me out of the canoe. I hit my knee, I am now belligerently drunk. The boat is full of water, the coolers are floating away, we are loosing oars and trash and Jarrod is trying to get me to drag the heavy water filled vessel to the side of the river. I am angry and weak so obviously Im completely worthless at this. We finally get it to the side and dump it out. The other people with us caught everything that floated away and we dump out the boat. Then Jarrod proceeds to tease me and say he is boating with out me. I am so mad that he is leaving me after that so I throw a rock, then another. Not really aiming at him I just throw them. Then the third rock I barely miss his head and all I can do is stare horrified as he goes from teasing to pissed and takes the kayak by himself. Luckily Doug helps me with my canoe. Jarrod eventually gets into the canoe with Laura and they go off with Plourde and Carroll while i hang out with Doug and Jarrod''s friends from home. But i want to be with Jarrod, so I am sad for the rest of the trip. We finally pull off and now I am not just sad but sick. Horribly morning after hungover sick. I want to puke but I can't and everyone thinks i am overreacting.
Jarrod helped his friends pack up the boats and get on their way. I sit in the car for a bit but eventually I go behind the bridge to puke. I feel terrible but I just cant do it so I lay down. That's where Jarrod found me and made me get up saying it smelt like piss there and I shouldn't stay there. So I followed him, by now its storming. They tied the rest of the canoes on Doug's car and then lightning hits the bridge above us. Its a huge flash and sparks come of the bridge. I thought some kid had thrown a fire cracker off the bridge. It scared the crap out of me. We all hopped in the car, Jarrod put me up front because i was miserable. Thank goodness we stopped at Jarrod's house to get the AC units. I ran to the bathroom puked 3 times (lovely) and then ate some pizza thinking food would help. Then i spent the whole windy rainy backroad way back tasting puke and pizza, yum. At one point we had to pull over because I almost puked in the car. We finally got back to the house and I was grumpy hungry and sleepy. Basically, cranky. We ordered Chinese and it tasted amazing. Then I curled up in bed with Jarrod and apologized for my behavior.
The next day I had Chinese for breakfast. On the way to Jarrod's parents house I started to get a skin rash. Now it is all over my body. Awesome. No clue if it is from Chinese or Sun. All I know is that I am itchy and weird looking. Sweet. I did manage to pay for my little loveseat, and get it to Jarrods. One day it will be in my apt. Cannot wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment