Tuesday, August 7, 2007

weird day

Back to work after a wonderful 3 1/2 day weekend and already things are weird. Started with Debbie Downer (advisor next door who complains about everything) calling the building manager.
"Hi, this is (insert name here) calling from suite 100 in (building address). When the gardeners were doing the landscaping, which looks nice by the way, they decapitated a dove. I just would like it removed and I don't want to do it, Im sure it wouldn't be too hard just some gloves and such. It just really is disturbing and not good for clients so if you could please have that removed I would much appreciate it. Thank you"

When one of the other advisors teased her about it she just said "its a bad omen" All I can think is thank good I didn't notice it in my exhausted zoned out state. Yuck! Nothing move upsetting then a decapitated symbol for love and peace.

Then later I noticed boss 2 still hadn't come in and it was almost 11. She usually doesn't get in until the earliest 930 but 11 is a little bit late for her. Finally boss 1 called (he works from home on tuesdays) He talked to me about my weekend and all that stuff then asked if boss 2 was in. When I said no he told me that it is probably because one of her friends is missing. He has some medical considtion and was staying with some family but now all of a sudden has jsut disappeared. So weird! and scary I can't imagine how shes feeling. Also am a little bit panicked because it always seems when I am here all alone something important will happen that I can't deal with properly. O well, problems will have to wait.

No comments: